AUTO RESTORATION SERVICES
- Muscle Car Rebuilding
- Classic Car Refurbishment
- Frame Off & Rotisserie Restoration
- Show Car Preparation
We are a locally owned, auto restoration shop in Chicago that has proudly served the surrounding neighborhoods for thousands of vehicle restorations and auto rebuilding needs. We are a complete service auto rebuild center and auto shop that uses the most up-to-date techniques and tools to ensure that your restoration is done correctly. Right from the inception, we have offered all types of auto restoration and repair services for local law enforcement agencies, family cars, dealerships, fleet management companies and more. We have literally set the standard in the car and truck restoration industry.
Automotive restoration is the process of repairing, refurbishing, and rejuvenating a vehicle to return it to its original condition or to improve its performance, appearance, and safety. Here is a general overview of the process:
- Assessing the condition of the vehicle: The first step in automotive restoration is to thoroughly assess the condition of the vehicle. This includes inspecting the body, paint, interior, engine, transmission, suspension, and other systems to determine what work needs to be done.
- Setting a budget: The next step is to set a budget for the restoration. This will help you plan the scope of the project and determine which repairs and upgrades are feasible.
- Planning the restoration: Once you have a clear understanding of the condition of the vehicle and your budget, you can start planning the restoration. This may involve sourcing parts, identifying skilled technicians or specialists, and developing a timeline for the work.
- Disassembling the vehicle: In order to properly restore a vehicle, it is often necessary to disassemble it. This may involve removing the engine, transmission, suspension, and other components in order to access the parts that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Repairing and refurbishing: The next step is to repair and refurbish the various components of the vehicle. This may involve welding, sanding, painting, and other techniques to bring the various parts back to their original condition or to improve upon them.
- Reassembling the vehicle: Once all of the repairs and refurbishments have been completed, the vehicle can be reassembled. This may involve installing the engine, transmission, suspension, and other components, as well as attaching the body panels and trim.
- Testing and adjusting: After the vehicle has been reassembled, it will need to be tested and adjusted to ensure that it is running properly and that all systems are functioning as they should.
- Finishing touches: Finally, the vehicle can be given a final cleaning and detailing to restore its appearance and prepare it for delivery.
Automotive restoration can be a time-consuming and costly process, but it can also be extremely rewarding for those who are passionate about classic and vintage vehicles.